The DS-160 form is a form that must be completed by every Nigerian who wants to apply for a U.S. Visa (including children). The form must be completed and submitted online prior to the applicant’s interview at the Embassy in Abuja or the Consulate in Lagos. Before booking an interview, an applicant is required
Each applicant – including children – must have their own Form DS-160 visa application. The Form DS-160 must be completed and submitted online prior to your interview at the Embassy or Consulate. The barcode number on the Form DS-160 confirmation page is required in order to book your interview.
The Form DS-160 must be submitted online and the printed confirmation page must be brought to the interview. The Embassy or Consulate will not accept handwritten or typed applications and you will not be permitted to attend your interview without a Form DS-160 confirmation page.
DS-160 Form Nigeria
When you sign your DS-160 electronically, you are certifying that all the information contained in it is true and correct. Misrepresenting any facts could render you ineligible to enter the United States. Please double-check that all your answers are accurate and that every question is answered completely.
Note: Any inquiries on completing the DS-160 will be addressed on the following website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html. We are unable to answer any questions or provide guidance on this process.
DS-160 Visa Application Form Online Nigeria
Complete and submit your DS-160 after reviewing the nonimmigrant visa application process. You must submit your DS-160 application online prior to making an appointment for an interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
- The interview post you select at the beginning of the Form DS-160 must be the same post where you schedule your interview appointment.
- All questions must be answered in English using English-language characters only, except when you are asked to provide your full name in your native alphabet.
- If you stop working on this application for more than 20 minutes, your session will expire. You will have to start over, unless you have recorded your Application ID Number or have saved your application to a file on your computer. Write down the Application ID displayed on the top right-hand corner of the page. If you need to close the browser before submitting your application, you will need this Application ID to continue your application.
- The completed DS-160 application form will generate an alpha-numeric barcode confirmation page. The printed confirmation page is required for the interview at the Embassy/Consulate.
- Once you have printed the barcode confirmation page, hit the “Back” button on your web browser and then email yourself a backup copy of the DS-160. The emailed file will be in PDF format, which requires Adobe Acrobat to view or print.
PLEASE NOTE: You are to fill out your DS-160 form correctly before scheduling an appointment. You will only be allowed to attend your interview with the passport bearing the number entered in your DS-160 confirmation form, if your name exactly matches the name in your passport, and with a DS160 confirmation printout that matches the DS160 application (CEAC) receipt number you used when scheduling the appointment.
More Information about DS-160 Form
Any inquiries on completing the DS-160 will be addressed on the following website: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html. We are unable to answer any questions or provide guidance on this process.
Download DS-160 Form Online
The Form DS-160 is online here.