Getting a Dubai visa is so great, you know why? Dubai is an intriguing destination abound with so many exquisite sights and things to do. If you’ve been dreaming of exploring this wonderful city, now is the time to book your ticket!
Follow our easy step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Dubai visa, and you’ll soon be marveling at the views atop Burj Khalifa or wandering along the pearly-white beaches of Palm Jumeirah. Avoid the unnecessary stress that comes with applying for a visa with the help of this Dubai visa guide.
Dubai Visa from Nigeria
Please check your eligibility before beginning the application process and submitting your application well in advance of flight departure. Once you have your visa, all that’s left to do is pack your bags!
Please note this process is applicable to Nigerian passport holders.
Dubai Visa Types
96-Hour Visa: You are only eligible to stay in the UAE for a maximum of 96 hours. It is best suited for travellers who plan to stay for a period of less than 4 days in the country.
14-Day Visa (short-term visit, single entry): This non-extendable visa is valid for a 14-day stay from the date of issue.
30-Day Visa (short-term visit, single entry): This non-extendable visa is valid for a 30-day stay.
90-Day Visa: It is valid for 90 days and great for travellers who are going to Dubai on holiday or to visit family and friends.
Dubai Visa Validity
The 30-day tourist visa is valid for 58 days from the date of issue. This Dubai visa is only valid for a family travelling for tourist purposes.
Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after departing from the UAE.
How Much is Dubai Visa Cost in Naira
The processing time for a Dubai visa is between 2 and 8 days, depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
|Visa Type||Visa Fee|
|90-Day Multi-Entry Long Term Visa||₦154,000|
|30-Day Multi-Entry Short Term Visa||₦61,000|
Payments are to be made at the VFS Dubai Visa Application Centre. You are required to obtain your electronic receipt when making the payment.
Dubai Visa Requirements
You will need the following documents for all UAE visa types:
- Nigerian passport.
- Photocopies of your ID card and passport (including valid and expired visas).
- Visa application form (which must be filled out in detail (block letters) and signed by the applicant).
- A copy of a confirmed itinerary (round trip tickets). Visitors without a return ticket might be refused entry at the airport.
- Proof of health insurance.
- Proof of financial status – a copy of your recent bank statement.
- For tourists: A letter from your employer, stating that you have been granted leave and that you will be returning to your job when you get back. If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business registration and tax documents.
- For visitors visiting a relative or friend, you must provide a letter of invitation from your host. The letter should include the contact information of your host, address, signature, and date; a copy of their UAE passport information page or residence permit.
- A copy of hotel reservation.
- For the short term 30-day visitor visa, the main applicant must be of high profession and must provide evidence of the profession.
Dubai Visa Online Application Form
You can apply for Dubai Visa Online here
Where to Apply for Dubai Visa
Dubai Visa applicants can locate a VFS Processing Centre in Lagos:
|Address:||VFS Global, Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase I, Lagos|
|Contact:||+234 8150188800 / info@firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Operating Times:||Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 15:00|
There is parking available on the VFS Global premises. Buses, motorbike taxis (okadas) and taxis are available to transport you to the Visa Application Centre.
Dubai Visa Appointment Booking
When applying for your Dubai visa at VFS Global, you are required to do the following:
- Fill in the application form.
- Submit all mandatory documents.
- Pay the application fee.
Submissions are accepted between 8 am and 3 pm, Monday to Friday.
Dubai Visa Agents in Nigeria
You can select your Dubai Visa agent from the list of the best travel agencies in Nigeria.
Dubai Work Visa & Work Permit
Dubai work visa is needed for all Nigerians who are seeking greener pastures in the U.A.E and intend working while they are there.
With the massive growth in almost all sectors of the economy, it has created a roller coaster of opportunities for skilled and unskilled employment.
There are certain things you need to know about getting a job or a Dubai work visa which i will explain below.
Requirements for a Dubai Work Visa.
For a Nigerian to work in Dubai, s/he will need a residence visa, labour card and health card. This will allow you to have a working stay of up to 2 years.
There are two ways to get a residence visa:
- You will need to be sponsored either on the basis of the ownership of a business in the U.A.E.
- You will have employment contract with an employer in the U.A.E and we usually process work visa for our clients.
To get more information about how to get a Long-Term visa for the U.A.E, kindly click here: UAE
You should note that majority of the jobs available to work in Dubai for Nigerians are unskilled labour such as, “Construction Workers, Cook, Gardener, Cleaners et al.